Franklin Township is 46 square miles, bounded on the north, west, and south by the Raritan and Millstone Rivers, on the east by State Highway 27 (except for the Little Rocky Hill section of the Township where the boundary is Old Road, former State Highway 27 alignment) Encompasses the historic and geographic areas of Zarephath, East Millstone, Franklin Park, Griggstown, Middlebush, Somerset and portions of Kingston and Little Rocky Hill.
Traditionally a farming community, it has become a fast-growing suburb with massive development in the later 20th and 21st centuries as a diverse blend of races, religions and cultures. In 2008, Franklin Township ranked #5 on Money magazine's list of America's Top 100 Best Places to Live.
Parks in the township include:
- The William L. Hutcheson Memorial Forest is a 500-acre natural preserve
- Colonial Park, part of the Somerset County Park System
- A portion of the Delaware and Raritan Canal State Park runs for 22 miles (35 km) along much of the northern and western borders of Franklin Township
- The John W. Flemer Preserve is a 7.4-acre (30,000 m2) preserve adjacent to the Delaware and Raritan Canal in Kingston
- The Negri-Nepote Native Grassland Preserve is a 164-acre (0.66 km2) preserve located between Bennets Lane and Skillmans Lane in the Somerset section
- Six Mile Run Reservoir Site, part of the New Jersey Division of Parks and Forestry, is located in the central portion of Franklin Township.
- Ten Mile Run Greenway is a 684-acre (2.77 km2) greenway over 4 miles (6.4 km) in length running between Canal Road south of Bunker Hill Road in Griggstown and S. Middlebush Road near Old Vliet Road in Franklin Park.
- Bunker Hill Natural Area
- Catalpa Farm
- Environmental Education Center
- Griggstown Native Grassland Preserve
Somerset County Properties
About the Neighborhood
The dissemination of listings on this website does not constitute the consent required by N.J.A.C. 11:5.6.1 (n) for the advertisement of listings exclusively for sale by another broker. Any such consent must be obtained in writing from the listing broker.
Copyright © 2020 Garden State Multiple Listing Service, L.L.C. All rights reserved.